Cumulocity device registration issues

Hi everyone,

I’m endeavouring to trial the Cumulocity platform but have fallen at the first hurdle…

Following the Cumulocity Configuration - Teltonika Networks Wiki I have been unable to register either an RUT200 (RUT2M_R_00.07.06.1) or TRB140 (TRB1_R_00.07.06.2) with the ‘Cumulocity - Cloud of Things’ package (2023-12-06-1) with Cumulocity platform version 10.18.

I have tried using the devices’ Device Name, Hostname and IMEI number as suggested here Device management - Cumulocity IoT Guides with no success yet.

This post Cumulocity Connector suggests all was working but there is no clarification on which unique identifier is used. From the screen shot it appears the Device Name is used.

Can you please confirm if the above version / firmware / packages work together and what is used in Cumulocity as the Device ID?

Thanks,

Alan

Update:

I’ve managed to get some response from Cumulocity by turning off ‘SSL/TLS’ in the package configuration and using the devices serial number. The device registration status changes to ‘Pending acceptance’ but asks for a ‘Security Token’ which has me stumped again.

If I ignore the ‘Security Token’ request the device gets added to the list of connected devices. The requests and responses defined in the srtemplate.txt file appear to function correctly as I am getting the values and able to restart the device from within Cumulocity.

Now I have two further questions:

1. Even though your WiKi (link in original post) states that ‘SSL/TLS’ needs to be ON (enabled) how come the connection fails when it is ON (enabled)?
  2. How come a connection has been established even though I left the ‘Security Token’ field in Cumulocity Device registration empty?

I will keep digging, but any help guidance would be welcomed.

Alan

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.