Create Task for adding Recipient and Event Reporting

Hello, I am looking for assistance with creating a task that allows us add a new email recipient to our RUTX11 devices, and then a separate task to create a WAN Failover event type from Events Reporting.

Are any or both of these possible?

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Could you please explain what you mean when you mention “create a task”?

Are you referring to the RMS Task Manager specifically, or are you looking for another method?

Kind Regards,

Correct, I am referring to the Task Manager tasks.

Hello,

If you want to use Task Manager, then you can create a task with UCI commands to make the necessary changes. If you are not sure which UCI commands to use, I would suggest doing the following:

Configure both, a recipient and an event reporting rule from the WebUI. Then, connect to the router via CLI/SSH (username ‘root’) and execute:

uci show events_reporting
uci show user_groups

This will show your current configurations. Based on that, you can add your new configurations and change them as needed.

However, instead of using Task Manager, I would suggest checking the RMS device configuration functionality here. Basically, you can select your device in RMS, click on Configuration → Device configuration.

There, you will be able to add the necessary configurations more easily:

Kind Regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 20 days. New replies are no longer allowed.