Create error message to inform user of down WireGuard?

Dear Teltonika team,

Could you please consider adding to the firmware of your routers (e.g. RUTX11) a function that checks if a WIreGuard connection is down and then give an error message?

If it is too complicated as an embedded firmware function, could you please share some script that we users could use to create such a message?

Thank you very much!

I refer to that thread, which is closed and cannot be used for further comments. The script that was linked there is not available anymore. I am tagging @flebourse for information as author of that script.

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas, peace, and all the best for the coming year! :christmas_tree::dove::four_leaf_clover:

Kind regards
7wells

Hello,

I have removed the awk script because I won’t maintain it anymore there is a better solution replace /usr/bin/wireguard_watchdog by this one.

It contains two edits:

• replace the latest_handshake timeout check of 150s by 160s, this is in order to avoid intempestive shutdowns / rebuilds when using very slow networks
  • replace the " wg set ${iface} …" command by two ubus calls to completely shutdown the tunnel then rebuild it.

Explanation: the “wg set ${iface} …” command will obviously fail to resolve the “endpoint_host” address if the DNS is restricted to the tunnel itself and it is unreachable …

If you want to report an alarm (SMS, email …) put the relevant commands between the two ubus calls.

Merry Christmas

1 Like

@rob_dj

Would Teltonika mind looking into this new script and checking whether such a function could be embedded into a future firmware release? Thank you so much!

All the best for the New Year! :four_leaf_clover:

PS: Thanks @flebourse !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.