Communication between two LANs including one VLAN

Hi there,

I’m fairly new to network configuration and try to establish the following setup:
RUT955

LAN2 has much more devices connected behind switches and has several VLANs, but they are LAN2 internal and not of interest for the router. I intent to only forward VLAN 200 stuff to LAN1.

I have setup the 2 LANs:

and the VLAN 200 for LAN port 2 of the router:

With this I can ping both PCs from the router. However, I can’t ping PC2 from PC1. What am I missing? I also tried setting up static routes like this (the first entry is LAN1, the second LAN2:

Still no ping possible from PC1 to PC2.

Thanks for any help!

Hello,

The simplest and probably most efficient way to achieve what you are trying would be to create a Traffic Rule that would allow forwarding from one LAN network to another. Here is a quick example of how such a rule is created:

By applying the rules provided in the example, you will be able to access the 192.168.2.0/24 LAN from 192.168.1.0/24. Adjust the IP addresses according to your specific case. If you also want to enable communication in the opposite direction, you will need to create a new rule with the IP addresses switched.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.