Cannot connect to RUT955 in WIFI

I am trying to set up a wifi access point on my router to be able to access it wirelessly and not also needing a cable connection.
I created the wifi, but it does not highlight as blue. In the network summary, the signal strength is set to 0%. I thought initially that it was a problem with the antenna but I tried multiple antenna and even none (I am just next to the RUT955).
By deleting and re-creating the wifi, it did highlight in blue but the signal strength was still to 0%.
Note that the wifi did work in the past, and that I just recently connected my router to a wifi hotspot.
Right now I guessing that somehow the configuration are not properly set. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be ?

Hello,

If I understand correctly, you began experiencing Wi-Fi issues when you connected the router to a hotspot as the WAN source, is that correct? If so, could you please try disconnecting from the hotspot and confirm whether the Wi-Fi works correctly when not connected to the hotspot? If it does work properly, please take a screenshot of your hotspot connection configuration for further inspection.

Best regards,

Marijus

Already before they were issues with the wifi.
Afterwards, I disabled the connection to the hotspot, and nothing changed.
I will send a screenshot of the configuration.

I just retried and the wifi has been working normally.
If I change the antenna, should the system be restarded, and if so, is a reboot from the webpage enough or should I unplug the power ?
Previously I was trying different antenna (changing while it’s on) and always rebooting from the webpage, but maybe it was not enough to ensure that the antenna get correctly configured

Hello,

When you switch antennas to different types, whether they are stronger or weaker, it’s a good practice to at least restart the network service. You can do this by executing the command via SSH/CLI: service network restart. Alternatively, rebooting the device ensures the changes take effect properly.

Regarding your device’s previous connection issue, it’s difficult to pinpoint exactly what went wrong without more information. I’m relieved to hear it’s working now. Should you encounter similar problems in the future, please make sure to download the troubleshooting file for investigation. This file can offer more detailed insights into the root cause of your issue.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.