Bridge mode and OpenVPN Client

I’m wondering if I could I have an a Teltonika (RUT241) in Bridge mode but also have it connected as an OpenVPN client so I could remote into it and update it.

Hello,

I’d appreciate it if you could tell me more about the project’s goals:

1. Project Detail.
  2. What will be our device role in the solution
  3. Topology of the project

That will help us understand the situation better and work together to fix it.

Thanks

We install RUT241 and RUT240 as 4G backup for our clients and we would like to update them remotely but we put the RUT241 in bridge mode as that works best to avoid a double NAT and shows the public IP in the router.

Hello,

As per my understanding, you are using bridge mode in RUT241 to avoid double NAT, meaning the RUT241 is not actively translating IP addresses but rather passing them through, to do a transparent link between the client’s local network and the internet, avoiding complications like double NAT ?

Actually, I have never tested it before, so I would recommend that you try it and share with us the configuration screenshots and so on, as well as the topology with IP addressing, so that we can completely understand it. In theory, it should be alright.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.