Avtex985/Teltonika 950 Issuesj

I have the above router installed in my motor home.
I am constantly getting issues with it hanging needed rebooting but only After doing an internet search. It seems to ‘break’ the router and i get the message DNS could not be found. If i restart the router it will then find the page. If i do another search, the same thing happens.
Using Windows laptop (3 different brands)
It will play YouTube videos, so i know the router and sim both work…there’s this conflict with websites.
Please explain how to resolve this as Avtex don’t have a clue.
We are aware others have had the same issue so please tell us the solution

Sounds like a really bad connection.

Can you make sure you have the latest firmware version installed on your router?

RUT950 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki

Are you sure your antenna connectors are sitting properly and are tightened?

APN settings are correct or set to ‘Auto’'?

Can you share a print screen of

Please find attached 3 screenshots. The first is the mobile status required. The second shows the Avtex firmware which is over 2 years old. If I click update then it says I have the latest version. The third just shows that the AMP is set to auto.

I see.
Somehow I have an issue with this MTU=1500 setting on the last print screen.
Can you leave this field empty to use a default value and if not, try a lower value like 1420?
Does this make a difference?

In my RUTX50 this field stays empty:

Also, it looks like you can use original and up-to-date firmware for a RUT950:

Firmware on a "rebadged" router ? - Crowd Support Forum | Teltonika Networks

RUT950 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki

Most probably through Bootloader Menu:

RUT950 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki

Hello,

I recommend contacting Astex about this issue. Since it’s their custom product, they are using different antennas and maybe other hardware.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.