479 questions

598 answers

756 comments

448 members

Ask a question
0 votes
asked in Personal tracking by

Ciao

can the TMT250 send a text message consisting only of the "text text" defined by me without other data?
In this way I could start an alarm siren, but it only accepts a specific text

Deltanet

commented by
Hi i had the same Problem. The Solution ist send your Text Command Followed by %val. This way it only sends your Text.

e.g. Text %val.

Regards

2 Answers

0 votes
answered by

Hello Deltanet,

Thank you for the question.

You can set your command using the alarm button. Unfortunately, there will be some minimal information appended
I configured the device to send "testest (device imei)" by altering two options:

1. Features->Alarm

2. Keyboard->Alarm Button

Make sure to enter your number entered in SMS \ Call Settings -> GSM predefined numbers list

Enable SMS Data Sending, Select your number in Features->Alarm

Possible command configuration options can be accessed by hovering SMS Text window in Features->Alarm section of the configurator and pressing F1 on the keyboard. I also attach this below:

Additional information: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/TMT250_Features_settings

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask. Alternatively, upvote the answer if it provided a solution to your question.

Stay awesome and have a great day. :)

Best regards,

Vytenis

commented by
Grazie Vytenis.

Yes, I already use the SMS sending function that works very well.
Unfortunately I need to send an SMS with a precise command without any other information, otherwise the SMS is rejected by the receiving device.
I tried to send the command first and then, for example, the imei but the message is discarded the same.

Thanks anyway

Lorenzo
commented by
Hey Lorenzo! :)

I would recommend to contact your sales manager regarding your issue, maybe they can implement special function/introduce a fix depending on how you view it.

Best regards,

Vytenis
0 votes
answered by
Hi i had the same Problem. The Solution ist send your Text Command Followed by %val. This way it only sends your Text.

e.g. Text %val.

Regards